Wednesday, September 8, 2021

 


A book collaboration between artist, Tatiana Ferahian and myself. The book, A Mythopoesis, will be published in 2021-22. It re-imagines the longstanding mythologized figure, Mata Hari, in drawings and poetic narratives.



Rainbows and Unicorns



I woke up the next morning in a cold sweat. My dream was telling; I’m not sure whether I was carrying this large bag, impossible to lift, or if it was hauling me across the city. I felt dread without having the slightest hint of what I was afraid of. I took a peep into the carrier as I rested against a dimmed lamppost. The streets of Paris were empty, war-torn, abandoned of life. From the bottom of the bag, I pulled up a casted face, a monument of someone, I said. I turned it upside down: no epigraph, no signature, no sign. A generic plastic, no essence, a levelled texture, a manufactured memento mori. 




 








No comments:

Post a Comment